Patti-Lynn's carries an extensive range of hardwood & engineered hardwood choices including wide plank hardwood, hand-scraped hardwood, exotic hardwood and domestic hardwood species, with a focus on Canadian-made hardwood flooring. Preferred suppliers include Preverco, Kentwood and Anderson Hardwood. Let one of our knowledgable Decor Centre Sales Staff assist you with finding the hardwood of your dreams!
NWFA Certified Installation
Patti-Lynn Interiors uses NWFA Certified Craftsmen to install your hardwood flooring, which means attention to detail such as:
- Re-nailing your existing floors to eliminate squeaks, and increase stability
- Proper sub-flooring and leveling to ensure longevity of your investment
- Turned planks at entryways and doorways
- Undercutting door jambs
- Using aqua barriers
- Top-of-the-line tools and equipment designed for hardwood flooring installation
- Fully insured to protect both the homeowner and the installation crew
- custom vents, moldings and trim to match your floors on request
Don't leave your hardwood installation to your average handyman with a saw - ensure your product warranties hold up for the life of the product!
Patti-Lynn Interiors even includes your first hardwood floor cleaner and dry mop with every purchase.
Engineered Hardwood vs Solid Hardwood
Also known as the 'new' hardwood, engineered hardwood is an amazing alternative to solid hardwood. Taking the century-old idea of strip hardwood flooring and bonding it with a core layer of HDF or three or more layers of cross-plywood construction a and modern technology, manufacturers are able to create hardwood that is great for a number of reasons:
- Environmentally Friendly - You can get 30 TIMES more flooring from a single tree using engineered hardwood over solid hardwood,
- More Stable - Due to the product core and finishing process, engineered hardwood is stable enough to go in a bathroom or a basement. Plus engineered hardwood offers the consumer a number of installation choices depending on the subfloor, including nailing down, glue down or floating.
- Easier to Install - If you are looking to install the flooring yourself, choosing an engineered hardwood with a click joint makes installation much simpler – ask us which engineered hardwoods offer a click system – we'll be happy to help!
- More Design Options - Engineered hardwood is more stable, so you are able to create more desirable looks like long planks or wide-width planks without the gapping that would occur with solid hardwood.
Patti-Lynn has been selling and installing hardwood, solid hardwood, oak hardwood, engineered hardwood, Jatoba, Birch hardwood, Maple hardwood and Hickory Hardwood for over 30 years in Southern Ontario, York & Durham Region, Markham, Unionville, Stouffville, Uxbridge, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Keswick, Simcoe, Aurora, Port Perry, the Greater Toronto Area and cottage country.